Friday, April 9, 2010

Recommended Readings

I recently wrote an article on some great articles from RollingStone that I think any Dylan fan should read. These would be the “Immortals”, “The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time”, and “The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time”. These are just three features in the magazine that I would recommend to someone. The cool thing about these articles is that not only do they have information on Dylan but also other great artist that anyone would like to read about. This would include the greatest like The Beatles, The Dead, Hendrix, Elvis, and so much more. Dylan got some great honors in these features. His song “Like A Rolling Stone” was voted the number greatest song of all time; a amazing honor and I can’t say that I disagree. Although not my personal favorite song, it is one of the best. When it came to the albums he got two in the top ten and only the Beatles had more albums than he had. Albums included Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 Revisited just to name a few. Me personally I like to read things about Dylan that compliments him, it assures me that my obsession is justified. The most intriguing article is the one naming Dylan the second greatest artist of all time, again the Beatles beat him, but that is ok with me. The thing that I love about the article is that the Boss Bruce Springsteen writes it. This is just a few articles that RollingStone has written about Dylan and for the past ten years they have stood the test of time in my book. So if you want to read the full articles there are links on my website and a more in-depth review of the articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment