Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Modern TImes

For those who are Dylan fans, but are the type who doesn’t think that he still has the good then I highly suggest you check out one of his more recent albums. They have been pretty good lately, but I prefer the Grammy winning Modern Times. This is a great album and has a great 10-song track list. I’m not going to lie to you and say that it his best album because what he has done for music just truly can not be explained, but it is a great album and worth listening to if not a purchase. The album starts with a great upbeat “thunder on the mountain” and then goes into a calm “spirit on the water” a seven plus song that seems to sooth the soul. Not to mention it features a line that is to all the people who doubt Dylan and he can't compete any more “You think I'm over the hill/ You think I'm past my prime
/ Let me see what you got/
We can have a whoppin' good time. Like Dylan is can sing about anything whether it’s a woman he wants to get out of his life but feels he can’t like “someday baby” or a woman he would do anything for like in “Nettie Moore”. Dylan also what he can do best a sing about topical issues like he does in “workingman blues 2” where it almost eerily seems like he was foreseeing the horrible unemployment problem that he we have today. And those are just my highlights of the ten track album in which I enjoy every song on there and even got to seem him perform them live. So if you don’t think that Dylan can still rock out take a listen, you will be surprise. For an album that made Dylan the only mad over 65 to win a Grammy and debut at number 1 at the time and his first number one album since 1976’s Desire it is a definite listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment