Monday, February 1, 2010

Dylan in Concert

I have seen Dylan in concert twice in my life. The first time I saw him I was only 15. I could not fully appreciate it for a couple reasons. The first being that I just did not a lot of his music yet. I was still just listing to the hits, and had not bought any of his recent albums. When in fact he was playing a lot of his newer music at the time. My cousin and me ended up leaving early, partly because we were both a little to drunk. About five years later I got the chance to see him again. He was playing at the local arena in my college town. This was a much better experience with for me. By now I had gotten to understand Dylan much better. He had just come out with his new album Modern Times and I absolutely loved it. He played just about the whole album. My friends I was with were not as excited because they had not heard the new CD. He also played some of my favorite of his hits. Tangled up in blue, it aint me babe, don’t think twice its alright babe, and his encore was master of war. Now while most of my friends knew the majority of those songs they still did not fully enjoy the concert. The one thing I can say is that Dylan’s voice had improved since I had last seen him and he sounded much clearer. Seeing him was a great experience I would see him again if the chance were brought to me again. He maybe is closing in on 70 years old hes still got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment