Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dylan Song to be Children's Book

Dylan’s song “Man Gave Names to All The Animals” off his Christian Rock album Slow Train Coming, his first since becoming a born again Christian will be converted into a children’s book. I have always found the song pretty catchy, but I never really thought of it in that light. I must say out of all the Dylan songs out their it are one of the last I thought that would be used to create a book. The song will work out pretty well though I must say. I’m not quite sure just about how the author Jim Arnosky will exactly go about making the book, but I don’t really think it will be too much work. The song is set up in a way that I feel that you would just be able to take the lyrics of the song copy them word for word and add a couple of pictures and you would have a perfectly acceptable book for children. The song in its current state has six animals if you include that connotation that the last animal will be a snake. The others are the Bear, Cow, Bull, Pig and Sheep, so I wonder if this will be enough animals or if the artist will add a couple more to the story line. Also the song is a Christian song with the man in the story obviously referring to Adam and the naming of the animals form the Genesis 2:19-20, this is why Dylan most likely does not name the snake, because it was the snake that led Adam and Eve into sin. The book is due to hit stores in September so I guess will have to wait until then to see if Arnosky adds more animals and if he keeps with the Religious meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment