Thursday, March 4, 2010

My top three albums

Choosing my three favorite Dylan Albums was not an easy task, but it is something that I am constantly going over in my head. With Dylan covering so many different genres of music it is nice to have a wide varrtiety to choose from, but makes this even harder. Before I go ahead and give you my list I must warn you, these are not neccasiarily final in my head. I have a tendency to go back and forth with what songs and albums I listen to and they change with the seasons if you will so what I say today may not be the thought that I have in a week. But here we go. My three favorite Dylan albums at this time are the following:

3. Modern Times- Not much can be said that I haven’t had earlier in my previous post, this albums shows that Dylan still is the master, winning a recent Grammy for this masterpiece and seeing him perform more than half the album keeps the album on my mind.

2. Blood on the Tracks- Many see this as Dylan best work. Released in 1975, 13 years since his debut album made sure just in case anyone forgot, that Dylan was still relevant. The album also includes my favorite Dylan song of all times “Tangled Up in Blue”.

1 .Highway 61 Revisited- This includes some of the best Dylan music every created. “Like a Rolling Stone” is one of the greatest rocks songs I have ever heard and by the far one of my favorite. From the snapping snare to harmonica solos I never can seem to get tired of hearing it. The albums also includes the song the album was named for, a song that reads like a poem that covers everything from war to religion. And my favorite song of the album “Ballad of A thin Man” is one I never seem to tire of.

No comments:

Post a Comment