Friday, March 5, 2010

Random Dylan Talks

Being relatively young, only 21, I don’t have many people who share my enthusiasm about Dylan. But none the less you rest a sure that when I stumble upon someone my age that enjoys his music as much as I do it is a well recevied treat. It always seems to go the same way, I’ll be at the bar or some party with some of my friends when somehow some way Dylan comes up in conversation talk to some random kid or kids about Dylan for a hour or so, and go on our merry way. My friends make fun of me for talking to random people when were out but then I remind them that if they want to hear me talk about Dylan for an hour I would be more that happy to do so, the usually then stop making fun of me, and not only to I get to talk about something I am passionate about it is a pleasant break from having the same old boring coversastions about the newest trends with my friends. But to me it is a little sad that the greatest rock artist, with as much popularity that he has still isn’t more important than the newest pop singer to sprout up. I take pride in the fact that since my freshman year of college I have seen trends of music fall and rise but I have always been there with Dylan listening to a music that will never fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment