Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dylan the early years

On my website I just wrote an article on Bob Dylan’s early music career. The aricle talks briefly about his childhood and then goes into details regarding the five year period in which he made seven albums, many considered to be some of the greatest ever. In this period it seemed that Dylan could turn anything he touched into gold. The songs that he produced would be envied by everyone in the industry. Many different artist would be known for covering his songs during this period from the folk band Peter Paul and Mary, to Jimi Hendrix. He would receive many accolades during this time for songs like “ Blowing in the Wind”, and “Like a Rolling Stone” and albums like Highway 61 Revisted and Bringing it All Back Home”. The reason why this period of music is so important to me is that both these areas are what got me hooked on Dylan. I loved his early folk music and especially loved his rock revial. Listing to these albums and songs is what made me branch out even further into his career and find songs and albums that the novice Dylan fan would have never heard of and I think if any Dylan hater sat down and really gave this music a chance they really realize what all the fuss is about. The man changed music forever in just five years and he was only getting started. Like I said the article goes into a brief summary of what Dylan was doing during this time. A couple of short stories, information about songs, but the period is just so full of information I could write forever on it, so I knew I should cut myself off. If you would like to read it you can find it at

http://bobbydylanfan.webs.com/dylantheearlyyears.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment